I am looking for children ages 5-18 to participate in a model call for Fine Art portrait sessions. I will consider siblings, but my main focus will be individual portraits. Not all applicants will be accepted but I will retain all interested applicants’ information for potential future model calls as well.
Fine Art Model Call – Fall 2019/Winter 2020
What kind of kids am I looking for? What kind of images do I want to take?
See below for a slideshow of sample images. I want to showcase your child in a way that reflects who they are *right* *now*. If that means wearing a gorgeous gown, awesome! If that means putting on their team jersey and wearing all their sports gear- great! Whatever helps you freeze time, remember who they are at this age… THAT’S what I’m looking for!
- An in-person planning meeting where you can try on something from Natalie’s collection of dresses (most dresses currently fit ages 6-14)! We can talk about any special looks or visions you might have, and we will plan your session together!
- As a thank you gift, you will receive a complimentary 8×10 mounted for easy display.
- Your session is complimentary and will take place in my studio in La Mesa or the downtown La Mesa area at a date & time that is convenient for us both.
- An ordering session about two weeks after your session (depending on holiday schedules) will take place in studio or at your home where you can view images and order!
- Digital images sized for web sharing are included with any tangible product you purchase!
- These images will be used for marketing purposes; a model release must be signed by a parent/guardian for each child photographed that grants NCP permission to use images online and in print
- Children to be photographed must have fresh, healthy hair and both parent and child must be open to having hair styled professionally; Natalie is happy to recommend hair stylists near her studio so that you can have your hair done right before your session and walk over!
- Child must be clean from head to toe (clean finger & toenails, no temporary tattoos, milk mustaches, popsicle stains, etc.)
- Make up is something that can be mutually agreed upon at your planning meeting but is not required.
- All participants and their parent/guardian must meet with Natalie prior to their session for a dress/clothing consultation. We will either try on dresses and/or clothing that Natalie has available, or discuss clothing options for the session itself. Currently Natalie’s collection is very female-focused, but she is wanting to also photograph boys in very simple, on trend looks.
- After the session you may return to the studio, or if preferred, Natalie can come to your home for a viewing and ordering session. You will also select which image you would like to use for your thank you gift as well! Ordering additional products is not required, but Natalie will show you what products she has to offer at both the planning and the viewing meetings. Print prices start at $65.00, wall art starts at $675.00.
I am accepting a limited number of sessions before Christmas so that I am able to enjoy the holidays with my family. I will also be offering few sessions after the New Year!
How do I sign up?
Please click here to be taken to a form where you can submit images of your child/ren, upload their photos, and answer a few questions to make sure we’re a good fit. I’ll be in touch soon!